Thursday, October 22, 2009

Big Crystal Balls Pete

So si.com has a mid-season BCS prediction grid, and it makes me all what the what. 5 out of 6 of the writers have us playing Alabama in the title. Of those 5, one of them even thinks we will win (full disclosure: I read most everything si.com writes about college football, and am pretty familiar with all of their writers. I have never heard of George Schroeder). Wait what. Since when was this happening. Now obviously, I think USC football is awesome. And would be very pleased if we went to the national title. But, and I think I've said this before, can we not talk about it? This is not important. We have played six games. Things like this are stupid, especially considering the preseason one they did. Haha just kidding, we all know Rutgers is the best and that FSU will win the ACC (sleeper pick!). I'm not sure where all this Texas hate is coming from, I guess since they played poor offense against a team who--despite not having their dreamy, multi-ethnic quarterback--is still a very good defensive team, but I think we should really assume that Texas will win out, until proven otherwise. Look at their remaining schedule: at Mizzou, at Ok State, UCF, at Baylor, Kansas, at Texas A&M. They are the favorite in all of those games, duh. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, so let's just fondly remember the time all their preseason picks came true, like when Terelle Pryor went "all Vince Young" on us at the Horseshoe, Alabama was the flop team, and Cal won the Pac-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment